Tuesday, December 28, 2010

cutie

Why is it that I love Einstein so gosh darned much? Maybe it's the disheveled hair. I do love myself a messy smarty-pants. Or maybe I love that he was a vegetarian for most of his life.  Or that he was one of the most brilliant minds of all time and never felt more special than anyone, his intelligence actually made him feel more connected to people and the world around him. He lived his life with great humility (and we all know intelligence without humility is pretty much useless). Personally, E=Mc2 doesn't do much for me, but I appreciate the work and the passion. You know what? I just really love his face. He looks like the sweetest weathered child. I would have loved to have had him as my grandpa and just stared at that face all day long. We'd have taken long walks together in Central Park and trekked all over the city wearing Walkmans and riding skateboards. (Yeah, he'd ride a skateboard. Why not?) And in between listening to Mary J Blige and Terence Trent D'arby, he'd amuse me with his ramblings on physics and the theory of relativity and the universe stuff and whatnot. I'd giggle and beg him to stop talking and just get back on the skateboard. Ohhhhhh, Einstein. You're the best.

2 comments:

  1. Haha! You're too cute. He is kind of adorable I guess, but you seem a little obsessed.

    : )

    -Eric

    ReplyDelete