Saturday, April 23, 2011

My Meetup group!

I don't think I've mentioned this before, but I started a Meetup group about a month ago. It's called: fun/social group for artists, writers and bloggers. I have 75 members so far (not too shabby).  There are a variety of creative people in the group: a couple of singers, a bunch of painters/artists, a ton of writers, a good amount of photographers, some bloggers (including myself) and even a jewelry maker. I'd been posting ads on Craigslist for a few months and didn't get one response, but as soon as I posted on Meetup, I had fifty members within the first week. Amazing.

We've had two meetings so far...

Here are a couple pics from the first meeting:



There are three artists at the table (I put all the messy artists at the table). Two were sketching and one was painting with watercolors.

And this was our meeting last night...





There were a bunch of writers at this meeting and an amazing photographer and sketch artist. We worked on our own creative stuff for an hour. And then everyone shared something (except for two people). Then we ordered pizza and watched Anchorman. It was a good time.

I'm planning on having meetings every week or so. 

That's the 411.

No comments:

Post a Comment