Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Off to London and the South of France!


Just bought my tickets to London and FRANCE. Remember when I went to London to visit my new-found family in January? Well, I'm going back. But this time, I'm also heading over to France with my half-brother Aaron. We're gonna stay at his mom (Patricia)'s place in Prats-de-Moll. It's a small medieval village in the Canigeau Valley. (Holy crap.) I checked out direct flights from NY to France and was horrified when I found out how much it would cost. But then I talked to my other brother Emmet and he told me it's much cheaper to fly out of London. Like four hundred dollars cheaper. I kid you not. To go from London to France on Ryanair costs the bargain basement price of $40 each way! And it can be even cheaper if you book it far in advance. So if you ever want to travel around Europe super-cheap, check them out.  Well...maybe I should fly with them first before I go highly recommending them. I hope it's not one of those teeny tiny peanut planes that can barely hold three Snookis.. I really *really* hope it ain't one-ah those, but...anyway...this is a positive blog entry, so glass half full NOW. It's gonna be great no matter what. I'm told Barcelona's only a two-hour drive away. I'm so clueless when it comes to geography, so when I say I was surprised to hear this, I really was. I think I was out sick when kids learned geography. I seriously don't know where things are. I am NOT proud of this at all. It reveals a ugly ethnocentric American part of me that I don't like and will do something about. I just need one day alone with a map and a BIG piece of paper and colored markers and ooh...maybe Post-It notes would be better! Yes, a map and colored Post-It notes.


In the past couple of months, I've gotten out of the blogging habit. Well, truth be told, I've just been feeling uninspired, but this trip is definitely gonna renew the spark. I'll be taking a ton of photos and blogging every day (or maybe every other day). I leave in two weeks (and two days). I'll be in London for four days (staying with my cousin Shane again) and then France for twelve days and then back to London for another week. The last time I was in London, I didn't get to spend much time with my other half-brother Adam, so I'm looking forward to having more time to hang with him. This is gonna be a great trip.

Wow!

1 comment:

  1. Ryanair is like a Chinatown bus in air. They're pretty awesome, er, brilliant, for what they are.

    ReplyDelete