Sunday, January 16, 2011

Day six: Camden Markets and Notting Hill

Shane and I left the house around noon to meet up with Aaron at in Camden Town. I was told this is where all the freaks and punk rockers hang out, so I was excited to get some cool photos...


As soon as we got out of the train, we met up with Aaron. He had been there for a few hours already checking things out.

We found a juice bar just a few feet away from the tube station. Here's a shot of Aaron and Shane holding up their power juices. I think Aaron had a "Summer Sensation" and Shane had a "Ginger Ninja"...or something like that.

We were all pretty fucking hungry, so as soon as we got to the actual Market, we found food. Aaron and Shane got some Turkish sausage wrap thing with feta and spinach, and I got veg curry with basmati rice.

Shane finished his meal off with a piece of organic carrot cake. Yum! 

Here they are chatting about something British...


Look! Candy!


We walked and walked and walked...


The Camden Market used to be a huge stable back in the day, so as a tribute to that, there were statues of horses everywhere.

Here's Aaron posing by one now...


Aaaaaand we're walking...




We found a clothing/sex shop with a serious club vibe (dark with a DJ, pumping house music, and dancers in cages). I was looking forward to taking pics, but as soon as I picked up my camera to start shooting, the chick at the front said, "No photos allowed!"

Crap.

Here's the angry powder puff now...


Whatever. I kept my camera on and around my neck and just kept taking photos, but I was so super-ninja inconspicuous that no knew it...not even Shane or Aaron.

So...that's why the next few pics look a bit out of focus...




We looked at all the vibrators, dildos, neon gags, portable fists, chains and leather whips. It was fun.

We stayed there for 20 minutes or so. We then made it out of the darkness and welcomed the light.

Aaaaaaaand we're walking...


We soon found a place to sit. There was a band playing jazz music (ugh). It was just nice to sit...



The fact that I was able to sit and listen to jazz music for more than a minute is proof that I really enjoy Shane and Aaron's company. God I hate jazz music.

Ten minutes later, we were off again...


We were in an actual stable this time that had been converted into private lounge areas.

Here's a group of people enjoying their stable/lounge area now...



Aaaaaaand we're walking...


 

  
(Haha)

We then made our way upstairs to a very beautiful Middle Eastern restaurant to have some drinks. (I had something non-alcoholic, of course.)


Shane moves so fast!

Here's Aaron threatening to burn the Queen...


"Do it!" 

He didn't. 

I had some jasmine tea. They had...umm...something alcoholic. We talked about...stuff.
Then we headed back to the tube, so we could meet up with Rob (remember him from day one?), his roommates and Shane's boyfriend, Mike, in Notting Hill.

As we walked to the train, I took some pics!



 (Not sure if he was stoned or just tired.)


We finally made it back to the tube. 

Those are Aaron's feet. No, he doesn't really stand like that. He was being silly...

About 20 minutes later, we were in Notting Hill. It has almost the exact opposite vibe of Camden Town. Much fancier. This is the area where all the celebs live. It has beautiful clothing stores, gorgeous cafes, rich bookstores, fancy pizza shops,...

Like this one:


We had to walk another 15 minutes to get to the restaurant...


Chocolate!


We finally made it to the restaurant...


Here's Shane and Mike...


Aww.

We ate. We laughed. We paid the bill, but did not leave a tip. (Waiters get paid *much* better in Europe than they do in the States, so tipping hardly ever happens. Sometimes a 10% tip is included in the bill, but not always.)

I left the restaurant full and happy.

Shane went home with Mike. Aaron took the bus with Rob's friends. And I walked to the tube with Rob.

The end of day six. : )

I'll leave you with a video of the bro and cuz chatting in Camden Town. I love the accents!

No comments:

Post a Comment