Thursday, February 3, 2011

A degree in nutrition


I went into Hunter College today and registered for the summer semester. Since I'd attended Hunter a few years ago, they already had all my records on file, so reapplying was a pretty simple process. I just filled out a small form and paid a small fee. (I JUST missed the deadline for the spring. Argh! ) I'll have about two years of prerequisites to complete (all the sciences and whatnot) and then I'll be able to apply to the nutrition program. I'd been doing an online program at the Integrative School for Nutrition, but got my money back because the curriculum was beyond lame. I also felt like I was taking the easy way out by just doing a one year course. I was scared of the thought of going back to school for four years, but in the end, by getting an actual degree, I'll have many more job options and more importantly, I'll be making money doing something that I love. I went to NYU for *six* years and never graduated, so I'm really looking forward to having an actual focus this time and graduating. I'm also looking forward to making new friends and being in a library and studying.

Good things are happening.

Smiley face.

No comments:

Post a Comment