Thursday, January 13, 2011

Day three: Food and love

I woke up at 10am...


My plan for the day was to check out the Whole Foods at Kensington, to explore that area and then to maybe meet up with my brother at some point. 

I took the bus this time...


The ride took about 20 minutes. It was nice to ride along with the common folk (tee hee) and see all the sites. We passed through Notting Hill which was quite beautiful and posh.

Check out what I saw when I got to Kensington!

It's a PINK Mini Cooper! This is my carrrrrrrr!!! (Arrrrrrrr.)

And one block away...


(Cue the sound of the heavens opening up.)

I love me some Whole Foods.

I spent close to two hours inside the store talking to the head vitamin guy about multivitamins and whatnot. (Shut it.) He was super-knowledgeable and friendly and wouldn't you know it, he had cute English accent!  I then spent 30 minutes just walking around checking out all the products that we don't get in the States like: tiny clear bottles of yogurt with the fruit on the bottom and a ton of non-dairy ice creams in cool-looking containers and thin organic rice cakes tightly wrapped in clear packaging. I just love that kinda shit.

I then got a text from my bro suggesting that we meet up back at Shane's place in a couple of hours, so I quickly made my way outside and started looking for the nearest tube. 

Three tubes and 45 minutes later, I was back at Shane's house. 

Shane was spending the night at his boyfriend's house, so I had the place to myself. Aaron arrived at 7pm. We talked for over 2 1/2 hours about our lives and passions. It was lovely.

Just before he was about to leave, Aaron got a call from a friend and I got a quick pic...


(Haha)

We're meeting again tomorrow at 1pm at the Tate Museum. And then after that? Who knows!

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment